Material Handling Systems Design
Argus Engineering LLC offers material handling system design as part of an entire system implementation or as a stand alone project.
We can specify system or subsystem-level requirements, develop layout alternatives, perform simulation and analysis, and select the best technologies.
Our designs are created with operations and maintenance personnel in mind. The systems we deliver are comprehensive, completely compliant with project requirements, and seamlessly integrated.
We will help you to design from scratch or to integrate existing material handling equipment as:
- Grippers, jaws or fingers to pick up, hold, or move work pieces in an automated or robotic system
- Specialty material handling equipment for specialty or proprietary products and accessories
- Ergonomic devices will eliminate sources of physical stress and injury associated with operating machinery
- Vacuum lifters and manipulators - cups and vacuum pads engage an object and attach to it sealed vacuum then lift, move, or position the work piece in assembly or inspection applications
- Parts feeders orient parts so that robots or other automated processes can capture and use or package the parts or components
- Pick and place systems - manipulators that lift, move and place objects in a desired location
- Sorting equipment - used to separate dissimilar items into predetermined groupings as part of an automated process
- Turntables are horizontal, rotatable mechanisms for transferring objects between conveyors that are in angular relation to one another
- Roller dollies - high capacity, low profile dollies used for moving, shifting, and positioning extremely heavy loads
- Work holding components - precision-made production tooling used to safely and accurately position and hold work pieces during a production line process
- Product and material testing accessories including mechanical testing grips, fixtures, conveyors, stackers, end effectors, lifters, manipulators and palletizers
- Jigs and fixtures to work with teach pendants
Benefits of material handling implementation:
- Labor cost/cycle-time reduction
- Increase productivity
- Ability to lift, move and place loads in a manner that humans cannot
- Increased equipment utilization
- Repeatable handling and placement of parts
- Can be integrated to a multitude of peripheral equipment
- Improved production flow
- Reduced work in manufacturing process
- Greater flexibility to handle wide product mix
- Improved ergonomics in part handling
- Enhanced health and safety in handling operations
Please browse our website for full details of the services offered and feel free to contact us with any questions or request for a quote.